Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Giftmas Quilt, Coyote Quilt update, and the latest applique' flower

First up we have another of the quilts from this last Giftmas.  This was made for The Brat's aunt to have something to curl up under on the couch or in her easy chair with her dog, Buddy, and not have to worry about maybe ruining one of her quilts made by her mother.  This was my first ever attempt at a Triple Irish Chain.  Once I wrapped my brain around the concept blocks, it was pretty fun!  I can see myself making this pattern again at some point in the future.

A Coyote Quilt update.

I am rather disappointed with the LQS I spoke to a couple weeks ago about getting the quilts LAQ'ed.  Talked to one of the shop owners on April 2nd.  At that time she said she would be speaking to the LAQ on either the 4th or 5th.  Took my cell number, and promised to call after she found out how the LAQ would like the quilts set up.  It is now the 12th, and I have yet to hear from her.  I will give it to the end of this week, and if I have not heard by then, I will go with another LAQ.  Actually, we have a Red Hat get-together at a One Stop Shop Hop this saturday.  It is in the area of another LAQ that does good work, so they may be going to Loveland.  (Did I mention that in order to reach this LAQ we have to pass Johnson's Corner?
Next up, the latest flower from the applique' BOM I have been doing.  Just finished the applique' last night and still have the embellishing stitchery to do, but I think it turned out rather nicely.  I am thinking of setting next week as my "catch up on stitching" week.  Well, in addition to the International Sunbonnet Sue BOM I just joined this last weekend, and the Baltimore BOM.  Oh and if we happen to find anything really interesting at the One Stop Shop Hop this weekend.
Another thing I am thinking about... A mug rug tutorial.  More on that later as I have to check on permissions for the pattern I would like to use.

That's it for now
See Y'All Later!

2 comments:

  1. I love that quilt! Very pretty!
    LOL you can stay busier than anyone I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is really funny, in that I always feel like I am slacking off!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think!