Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Can't decide how I want to finish this quilt

I thought I knew what I wanted to do when I started this quilt.  Then I got an idea to combine two styles.  But the styles look starkly different, so I needed to come up with something that would tie them together.  I have decided that sashing and cornerstones between the redwork blocks with applique'd flowers, stems and leaves will pull the applique' from the corner blocks in, then wider sashing with the same flowers, stems and leaves in redwork to fill in between the corner blocks. But, I can't decide which layout to use, or what color the sashing and cornerstones between the redwork blocks should be.  Traditional sashing for around redwork is red with white cornerstones, but then it might look too "christmasy" with green leaves and stems.
I guess I could just go with white sashing and red cornerstones, but another idea I had was to make more of the applique' bonnets from the corner blocks and use those over the cornerstones.  I would make them a bit over-sized so they flowed into the blocks themselves, but that might make it all too busy.




I think I like the second, wider layout.  The redwork blocks still need to be squared up and trimmed down a bit, but I think once the sashing is added the spacing will be about what it looks like now.

Tell me what you think?

1 comment:

  1. I personally really think a bonnet in each corner would look awesome and would really tie it together....I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think!