Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Giftmas Quilts and Twisted Snowball wins the poll

Adman's quilt, held sideways
Giftmas
Giftmas is what we call that winter holiday where traveling to visit family is planned, and presents are exchanged.  Since it never happens in late December for us, we gave it a new name.  It's our own holiday, but you are welcome to celebrate it with us.  Because our families live in different states, our Giftmas is a week-long celebration.



I am hoping to be able to showcase the quilts I made for this last Giftmas here over the next few weeks.  Somehow, I managed to miss getting pictures of some of the quilts, and so will have to depend on the kindness of others to get pics for me to post here (hint, hint).  For lack of a better plan, I will attempt to go alphabetically in showing these.

Before being sent to LAQ

Twisted Snowball



I think this pattern will be fun to play with, and luckily, should be something I can make a passable attempt at quilting myself.  My next decision on this project will be how busy I want the final product to be.  I'm thinking a minimum of 5 snowballs across are needed to make the pattern obvious. And since the pattern is actually 2 blocks, plus 1- which is actually less confusing than that sounds- I will need 11 blocks across.  Like so...

A B A B A B A B A B A
B A B A B A B A B A B

As soon as I have a chart drawn for this, I will post it, but for now A's are white, and B's are a mix of greens.
Well, I think that's all I have for now
See Y'All later!


3 comments:

  1. So which ones do you need pics of?
    I like this idea btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. TX, and The Brat's parents'... somehoe we managed to not get pics of any of those...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think!