Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Yesterday we broke the heat record



Overlooking Boulder
A high of 84 degrees!
Change of the weather crawling over
 the mountains back here at home

Today?  not so much!  Much as we desperately need the liquid, this might be considered a tiny bit over-kill.  Today we are looking forward to as much as 4 inches of snow!  A good lazy day to spend under a blanket watching TV and dozing off whenever you want.  Sometimes you just have to recharge the brain batteries.  In the background I am working on a fun idea that hopefully will make it here sometime this next week.

Yesterday was F.A.R.T. day.  Fiber Acquisition Road Trip day.  A drive to Boulder yielded the perfect backing fabric for the Coyote Quilts and 5 4oz fuzz balls that will become yarn for a hooked rug I have percolating in the back of my mind.  The rug yarn will be a long-ish term project since I will have to spin a little, ply it, and test drive it in some rug backing, then see if I need to make it thicker, thinner, fuzzier, smoother, etc for the best effect.

One day left for voting on which pattern to use for the heat pack project.  So far it looks like I will be making a Twisted Snowball next.

Great Googly Moogly!  I want one of these!!


Well, that's it for right now...
See Y'All Later!

1 comment:

  1. Hey those yarn colors look the same as the colors in that fabric.....coincidence or am I onto something?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think!