Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

More Giftmas Quilts.

These Giftmas quilts have to be shown together to get the full impact.  I had already chosen the pattern in my mind when I asked Brat Mom and Brat Dad for their favorite color.  I had somehow expected more contrast between the colors I was given in response.  Brat Dad's color choice was blue.  A good solid color with lots of shade, tone and value options available.  Brat Mom's choice of Teal was a bit more of a challenge.  Just finding 4 teal shades took some time, but then those 4 shades had to not only work together well, but they had to play with the blues as well!  Finally, it hit me.
Find the teals first, then find blues that would play nicely with them!  The idea behind the quilt pattern itself was this:  Neither's heart would be complete without the other.  The gifting itself was also twofold in that they were both Giftmas and anniversary presents.

Even upside down I think they look pretty neat!




What's next?  Only the Shadow Knows...

2 comments:

  1. I love those!!!
    Now....if I was making them, I would make it my trademark to make a "mistake" in each one.....like on the hearts in these particular quilts, I would have reversed the fabrics in one of them....or put one of the hearts upside down. I am such a non-conformist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love them!!!! It is fun to see them like this!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think!