Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Giftmas Quilt redux redux redux

This is the quilt I made for my baby sister for Giftmas.  After the top was sewn, the flip flops were applique'd on, then I hand stitched the straps onto the flip flops.  For placement, I spread the finished top on my bed and tossed the flip flop fabric in the air over the bed.  I then pinned the fabric to wherever it landed.  For each pair, I removed the fabric and left the pin in place and made the flip flops.  Once they were ready, I applique'd them in place and moved on to the next pair.

This was a fun pattern, and because of it, I am less scared to try a true bargello quilt.


We are off today to our first ever ATHA meeting.  I will post a report on it over on A Hook and A Promise when we get home.  Of course I am running about half an hour late this morning, so I guess I better get going.
That's all for now
See Y'All Later!

1 comment:

Tell me whatcha think!