Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Look what followed me home! Well sort of...


 This is my new Centennial model Singer 201-2.
Born on July 26th, 1951 in Elizabeth, New Jersey at the Elizabethport factory.



  As you can see there is a bit of wear to the decal about where your right hand/wrist would rub, but that seems to be the worst spot.


  It will be a week or so before I get to bring this home as it is at the sewing machine hospital right now for a tune-up and, if needed, re-wiring.

  Got a great deal on it I think... $30.00 as is, or FREE with tune-up and re-wiring($79.00)!



Now begins the hunt for feet, bobbins, accessories... oh and a name!  Weighing in at 40 pounds, Boat Anchor has been suggested!

Please feel free to make name suggestions in the comments.

See Y'all tomorrow!

1 comment:

Tell me whatcha think!