Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunbonnet Sue visits the Acupuncturist


Is  it just  me or does it ever feel just the tiniest bit weird sticking pins into Sue?

  This is the fourth and last Sunbonnet Sue for a quilt that will have the 7 days of the week SBSs in redwork for the main body, and applique SBSs in the 4 corners.

  Each Sue represents a classic quilt block.  This Sue on the left represents Attic Windows.  Which is a pattern I have on my Quilty Bucket List.

The next Sue is the Dresden Fan block.  I may make one, but cleverly disguised as the tail on a turkey!  This is the Sue from yesterday's post where you got to see the back of the block.  She is my thinnest SBS, as they seem to all be gaining weight as I stitch them.









This SBS represents Flower Baskets.  I am sure I will be doing a basket or two when I start working on my Baltimore Album Quilt.  I'm not quite satisfied with this block... I think it needs some embellishing stitchery.

This last block is actually the 1st of the four I did.  She represents the Spool block.  My spools really could have used a lot of work.  Looks more like she is holding a jar of blue mayo!  I think I will leave well enough alone with her though, since it shows the progression of my work.


Todays Cool Link of the Day: Fat Cat Designs

2 comments:

  1. I really like the colors in the last block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the GREEN one ....oh and the 1st one looks a lil preggo there......

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think!