Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Stitching's The Thing...

   I have a tendency to procrastinate.
My WIPs (Works In Progress) become UFOs (UnFinished Objects) because I seem to stall out at the last step.
The BOM (Block Of the Month) flower blocks for the last 2 months are excellent examples of this.
All the prep work- done.
Fabric cutting- done.
Applique- done.
All that is left to do is the embroidery embellishing.  If I would just take the time, I could probably have both of these blocks finished in one day.
What's stopping me?  Confidence.
Confidence in my own ability to choose the right color threads.  The first 2 blocks included the embellishing threads.  I'm not sure why the last 2 didn't.  Unless it's simply because I had purchased a selection of threads and so it was assumed that I preferred to choose my own?

   So now I am tossing this out here to try and guilt myself into finishing these blocks before I go in for next BOM class on April 5th.





   I also have 3 pieced blocks that need to be done this week. These are for a Buck-A-Block at my LQS.  Good thing about them is I can do all 3 at same time and probably finish them in about an hour.

   Then there is the Country Garden project... I would like to have this one ready for the LAQ before Tax Day.

   Plus the SBS project, although that one is almost finished.  The redwork blocks are done, and the last SBS went Under The Needle yesterday.  She will probably be finished this evening.  Then comes laying out and designing the connections.  More on that tomorrow.

Cool Link of the Day:  http://www.quiltingboard.com/

See Y'all Later!

3 comments:

  1. Redwork is line drawing embroidery where the whole picture is sewn in the same red thread

    ReplyDelete
  2. just surge forth and get em done! You know your choices always work in the end....so just do it! Oh and Happy Birthday yesterday btw!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think!