Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hand Stitches used in Applique'

    I mentioned this morning that I would be back with some info on the Blanket Stitch, also known as a Buttonhole Stitch.  I could talk for days on how to do the stitch, but really, seeing is better.  And there are a bunch of people out there who have put together really good examples of how to do it.  So I thought I would research and find some of the best videos and share them here with you.  But, if I were to do just that, this post will have at best a half a dozen sentences, followed by some links.  So, I decided to instead try to highlight more of the stitches used for hand applique' and hand embroidery.
So... without further ado...



Blanket/Buttonhole Stitch
Blanket Stitch detailing outer points
Blanket Stitch detailing inner points
Blanket Stitch on edges  No sound on this one

Hidden or Invisible Applique' Stitch
The Hand Applique Stitch
Applique' inner and outer points  part 1
Applique' inner and outer points  part 2

Redwork Stitches
Stem Stitch
Running Stitch
French Knot
Lazy Daisy or Detached Chain Stitch
Couching Stitch

And now for something totally different...
Kite quilts!

Hope you find this info helpful.
See Y'All later!

1 comment:

Tell me whatcha think!