Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On pins and needles

    I want to make some pincushions.  Not sure why.  I could use a couple more, sure, but I am seeing LOTS of pincushions I want to make.  It would help, maybe, if I had quilting/sewing friends other than online.  You'd be amazed at how hard it is to stuff a pincushion into an email!
Links to free pincushion patterns

    Another thing I really want to make are needlebooks, or needle keepers.  I could see needing 3 or 4 of these, but again, I am wanting to make LOTS.  Of course I could expand on these and make chatelaines and sewing kits... Crap!!  There goes my mind off on a tangent again!  Could someone grab that little bouncing brain and send it back here?
Links to free Needle Keeper Patterns

Yesterday's post featured a picture of the first quilt top I made last year... Notice I say quilt top.  Yes, this is the 1st of my "Dragging UFOs into the light of day" campaign.  What does this top need to be finished?
Measured
Backing cut and sewn to match top measurements
Top sewn to backing
Quilted.
No batting, or only a layer of flannel...this is to be a summer quilt.  Why isn't this quilt finished, cuz it's only for me and so can wait.  LOL
One box seems to have arrived empty... LOL
Borrowed from an email I received today:  This e-mail is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me whatcha think!