Welcome!

Come in! Have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of chocolate... Don't mind the thread snips... They keep the Dust Bunnies occupied.
Join me on my journey through the world of quilting. I'll be showing pics of WIPs (Works In Progress), finished quilts, UFOs (Un-Finished Objects), and maybe even a "How I did that" every now and then. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rosie the Riveter is a Pain in my back!

    No post yesterday.  Have spent the last 24 hours or so taking tylenol and applying moist heat to my back.  Lifting, twisting,  and moving 41 lb. around seems more than my back would like me to do.  So, poor Rosie will probably languish in her case until I run across a good cabinet for her to live in.  The perfect option had she been a 201K rather than a 201-2 would have been to find a good treadle cabinet and convert her to treadle power.  Unfortunately, that is not an option with this model.  Something will present itself when the time is right.

    The question was asked in the comments, What is a Baltimore Album Quilt?  I will work up a response for this today, and post it this evening.  I want to give a more in-depth answer, rather than just off the top of my head.

    I am trying to work up a routine of sorts for this blog.  One where each day of the week, the subject matter is a given.    I would love some feedback on what you would like to see here.

Here is what I have come up with so far:
Monday:  The Drawing Board.  Ideas and plans for future projects
Tuesday:  ??  Maybe an accountability day?  A bringing to light UFOs that need finished, projects that need started...
Wednesday: Look What I Found.  New, neat, or intriguing tools, tips, websites, gadgets, you name it.
Thursday: BOM updates.  Progress on my different BOM blocks.
Friday:  ??
Saturday: Techniques, Q&A, etc
Sunday: Other Crafts day.  What I may be working on or planning in knitting, rug Hooking, Spinning, etc

Anyway, let me know what you think in the comments, and OH!  I added a feature that puts check boxes at the bottom of each post, so you can mark Funny, Interesting, Cool, Informative without having to actually post a comment if you want, or do both!  I can add or change any of the checkbox options, so if you think of any other descriptors I should add...
That's it for now
See Y'all later

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying to think of ideas for your routine, but everything I think of seems to fit in with the other categories. I thought of maybe tips or tricks, or a favorite pattern idea, or one youve seen that you like. Maybe new uses for the quilts or other projects in the day to day life, other than blankets, obviously, or how quilting can be applied to other items except blankets, like wall hangings, place mats, decor, bags, or even clothing? Not sure if any of those are feasible ideas for your routine, but it's all I've come up with so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the animal cookies for? LOL
    I wish there was a photos section you could set up or can you only do that with each blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure there is a way to make a photos section, or at least a link to one... will have to see what I can come up with!
    The animal crackers were one of my Bday presents, and I felt weird posting without a picture, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, My Pop Tarts will be showing up later this week, have no fear! (Might be just the empty boxes... nom nom nom)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think!